RICHMOND—Governor Ralph Northam introduced further appointments to his Administration immediately.
Tori Feyrer, Assistant Secretary of Training
Tori Feyrer has been appointed Assistant Secretary of Training. Tori has beforehand served as a Particular Assistant and Coverage Advisor to the Secretary of Training. Earlier than becoming a member of the Northam Administration, she served because the Engagement and Opioid Prevention Coordinator on the Virginia Division of Social Providers. Tori graduated from the College of Richmond with a level in Political Science, Philosophy, Economics, and Legislation. She labored within the non-profit sector for 3 years earlier than serving as a Governor’s Fellow within the McAuliffe Administration.
Joe Flores, Secretary of Finance
Joe Flores has been appointed Secretary of Finance. He has served as Deputy Secretary of Finance since January 2018, the place he has supplied budgetary steering on a variety of fiscal coverage points and counsel on expenditures from federal stimulus payments to deal with the impacts of the pandemic in Virginia. He helped lead Governor Northam’s profitable Medicaid growth efforts, which included strategic planning, coverage design, fiscal evaluation, stakeholder engagement, legislative negotiations, and communications. Joe beforehand served as Deputy Secretary of Well being and Human Assets throughout the McAuliffe Administration.
For twenty years, Joe has suggested legislators in Texas, Minnesota, and Virginia on fiscal coverage points in well being and human sources, together with a dozen years with Virginia’s Senate Finance Committee. As a non-partisan legislative fiscal analyst, he served as a useful resource to lawmakers, company officers, advocacy teams, the media, and the general public on points associated to well being care, social companies, public well being, behavioral well being, developmental disabilities, kids and grownup companies. Joe graduated Bachelors of Arts diploma in Historical past from Texas A&M College and Grasp of Science diploma in Public Administration and Coverage from Carnegie-Mellon College.
Carter Hutchinson, Deputy Secretary of Finance
Carter Hutchinson has been appointed Deputy Secretary of Finance. He has served as Deputy Coverage Director since January 2018, the place he has labored intently with Cupboard members to develop and implement Governor Northam’s legislative agenda. He has additionally served on Governor Northam’s funds crew since 2019, working with the Finance Secretariat and the Division of Planning and Finances to develop and execute the Commonwealth’s funds. Previous to the Northam Administration, Carter served as an advisor to then-candidate and Lieutenant Governor Northam and has held roles on the campaigns of Governor Terry McAuliffe and U.S. Senator Tim Kaine and on Hillary Clinton’s 2016 presidential marketing campaign. Carter is a graduate of Hampden-Sydney Faculty and a local of Staunton.
Secretariat of the Commonwealth
9-1-1 Providers Board
- Terry Ellis* of Sutherland, Vice President of Authorities Affairs, Comcast
- Sheriff Kevin W. Corridor* of Covington, Sheriff, Alleghany County and Metropolis of Covington Sheriff’s Workplace
- Tamara Perez of Winchester, Public Security Communications Director, Frederick County
- Eddie L. Reyes of Stafford, Director of 9-1-1, Prince William County Authorities
- Kelvin L. Wright* of Chesapeake, Chief of Police, Metropolis of Chesapeake
Advisory Board on Habits Evaluation
- Christina Bock Giuliano, MS, BCBA, LBA* of Salem, Govt Director, Blue Ridge Autism and Achievement Heart
Advisory Board on Music Remedy
- Gary L. Verhagen, LCAT, MT-BC* of Annandale, Music Therapist and Trainer, Fairfax County Public Faculties
Board of Accountancy
- William R. Brown, CPA, MBA* of New Kent, W.R. Brown & Co.
Board of Administrators of the Assistive Expertise Mortgage Fund Authority
- Christopher O. Grandle of Stuarts Draft, Retired Engineer
- Michael VanDyke of Lebanon, Peer Counselor, Clinch Unbiased Dwelling Providers
Board of Trustees of the Roanoke Larger Training Authority
- Dr. Elda Stanco Downey* of Roanoke, Founder and CEO, Roanoke Spanish
- Katherin A. Elam of Salem, President, Junior Achievement of Southwest Virginia
Board of Trustees of the Southern Virginia Larger Training Heart
- Paul Nichols* of Clarksville, Division Superintendent, Mecklenburg County Public Faculties
Christopher Newport College Board of Guests
- Sean D. Miller of Henrico, Chief Working Officer, Boys & Ladies Golf equipment of Metro Richmond
- Lee Vreeland, EdD of Newport Information, CEO, An Achievable Dream
- Judy F. Wason* of Williamsburg, former Vice President for Development, Christopher Newport College
George Mason College Board of Guests
- Horace L. Blackman* of Falls Church, Senior Vice President of Consulting Providers, CGI Federal
- Anjan Chimaladinne* of Chantilly, COO, Anshultech
- Dolly Oberoi of Vienna, CEO, C2 Applied sciences, Inc.
- Nancy Gibson Prowitt* of Arlington, President and Chief Working Officer, Alcalde & Fay
Longwood College Board of Guests
- Elia Fabiola Carter of Richmond, Director, E-Commerce Operations, Client Markets, McKesson Medical-Surgical, Inc.
- Nadine Marsh-Carter* of Richmond, Chief Govt Officer, Youngsters’s House Society of Virginia
- Ricshawn Adkins Roane* of Nice Falls, Vice President and Chief of Workers, Jack Kent Cooke Basis
- Shawn L. Smith of Richmond, Program Director, Virginia Affiliation of Space Businesses on Growing old
Norfolk State College Board of Guests
- Heidi W. Abbott of Richmond, Counsel, Hunton Andrews Kurth LLP
- The Honorable James W. Dyke* of Reston, Senior Advisor, McGuire Woods Consulting
- Delbert Parks of Herndon, Vice President, Micron Expertise Virginia
- Harold (Harry) Watkins, PhD* of Richmond, Co-Proprietor, Bateau
- Joan G. Wilmer* of Hanover, Maryland and Newport Information, Vice President of Human Assets, ViacomCBS
Previous Dominion College Board of Guests
- Robert Corn* of Springfield, President, Landmark Methods, Inc.
- Jerri Fuller Dickseski* of Hampton, Govt Vice President of Communications, Huntington Ingalls Industries
- The Honorable Ross A. Mugler* Commissioner of Income, Metropolis of Hampton
- Maurice D. Slaughter* of Chesapeake, Chairman and CEO, MS Household Enterprises, Inc.
Radford College Board of Guests
- Charlene Curtis of Kernersville, North Carolina, Retired Supervisor of Ladies’s Basketball Officers for the Atlantic Coast Convention, Large South Convention, Colonial Athletic Affiliation, and Southern Convention
- Lisa Whittington Pompa of Virginia Seaside, Zone Lead, Gene Remedy, Spark Therapeutics, Inc.
- Marquett Smith of Ashburn, Retired, Verizon Wi-fi
State Board for Group Schools
- Edward C. Dalrymple, Jr.* of Mineral, President, Dalrymple Holding Corp, Cedar Mountain Stone Corp., and Chemung Contracting Corp.
- Maurice A. Jones, CEO of OneTen and former Virginia Secretary of Commerce and Commerce
- Peggy A. Layne* of Chesapeake, Group Volunteer and Retired, Dominion Power
- Terri N. Thompson* of Chesapeake, Monetary Advisor
State Council of Larger Training for Virginia
- Mirza Baig of Nice Falls, Managing Accomplice, Aldrich Capital Companions
- John R. Broderick of Norfolk, President Emeritus, Previous Dominion College
- Victoria Harker* of McLean, Chief Monetary Officer and Govt Vice President, TEGNA, Inc.
- Jennie O’Holleran of Richmond, Accomplice, Broad Avenue Group
- Dr. Alvin J. Schexnider of Chesapeake, Senior Fellow and Senior Advisor, Affiliation of Governing Boards of Universities and Schools
- Dr. Jeffery O. Smith of Hampton, Superintendent, Hampton Metropolis Faculties
Process Drive on Providers for Survivors of Sexual Assault
- Lindsey Caley* of Roanoke, Doctor, Carilion Clinic
- Brooke Thomas, MD, MS, FAAEM, FACEP* of Smithfield, Alteon Well being
College of Mary Washington Board of Guests
- Allida Black, PhD* of Arlington, Managing Director, The Allenswood Group, LLC
- Devon Cushman* of Richmond, Founder and Proprietor, Dutch Door, LLC
- Patricia McGinnis* of Washington, D.C., Public Coverage Advisor and former CEO, Council for Excellence in Authorities
- Robert Strassheim of Keswick, Vice President, Dickinson + Associates, Inc.
College of Virginia and Affiliated Faculties Board of Guests
- Robert M. Blue* of Richmond, Chair, President and Chief Govt Officer, Dominion Power
- Carlos M. Brown of Henrico, Senior Vice President, Common Counsel, and Chief Compliance Officer, Dominion Power
- Robert D. Hardie* of Charlottesville, Co-Chairman and CEO, H7 Holdings, LLC, and Degree One Companions, LLC
- The Honorable LF Payne of Charlottesville, President, Three Ridges Group LLC
Virginia Commonwealth College Board of Guests
- Dr. Andrew Florance of Inlet Seaside, Florida, Founder and CEO, CoStar Group
- Todd P. Haymore* of Henrico, Managing Director, International Financial Growth, Commerce, and Authorities Relations, Hunton Andrews Kurth LLP
- Edward L. McCoy* of Richmond, President and CEO, Eaheart Industrial Service, Inc.
- The Honorable Tyrone Nelson* of Henrico, Member, Henrico County Board of Supervisors and Pastor, Sixth Mount Zion Baptist Church
Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State College Board of Guests
- Anna Healy James* of Virginia Seaside, Senior Vice President of Authorities and Group Relations, Sentara Healthcare
- Letitia A. Lengthy* of Alexandria, Chairman of the Board, Intelligence and Nationwide Safety Alliance
Virginia State College Board of Guests
- Jon Moore of Midlothian, President and CEO, Philip Morris USA
- The Honorable Edward Owens of South Boston, Mayor, City of South Boston and Proprietor and Operator, Edward Owens Company
Virginia Army Institute Board of Guests
- Hugh M. Fain, III* of Richmond, Shareholder, Spotts Fain PC
- J. Conrad Garcia of Richmond, Shareholder, Williams Mullen
- Gussie Lord of Lakewood, Colorado, Managing Legal professional, Tribal Partnerships Program, Earthjustice
- Thomas R. Watjen* of Key Largo, Florida
- Damon Williams of Roanoke, Regional CRA Officer, First Residents Financial institution
William & Mary Board of Guests
- Barbara L. Johnson* of Alexandria, Founder, BLJohnsonLaw PLLC and Counsel, Potter & Murdock, LLC
- John P. Rathbone of Norfolk, Retired Govt Vice President, Norfolk Southern Company
- J. E. Lincoln Saunders* of Richmond, Performing Chief Administrative Officer, Metropolis of Richmond
- Ardine Williams of Washington, D.C.
# # #