Tribune Information Service
Panchkula, July 3
A number of authorities institutions, together with the Mini-Secretariat whereby the Deputy Commissioner and different senior administrative official sit, are among the many prime property tax defaulters who owe crores of rupees to the Panchkula Municipal Company.
“Within the above Rs1-lakh class, as many as 999 people owe Rs37 crore to the company. A sum of round Rs17.5 crore is to be recovered from 14 institutions with every having due over Rs5 lakh. High defaulters embrace motels, banks, authorities establishments, faculties and petrol pumps,” Mayor Kulbhushan Goyal mentioned.
In response to MC officers, the listing of defaulters has solely grown in recent times, leaving the civic physique in poor monetary well being.
Shalimar Mall largest defaulter, owes in crores
Mendacity closed for the previous a number of years, Shalimar Mall in Sector 5 right here is alleged to be the largest defaulter, however the civic physique has ordered a revaluation of its dues. “The dues of the mall run in crores,” mentioned Goyal.
The MC Common Home in its third assembly held not too long ago had introduced the formation of a committee for the revaluation of property tax owed by the mall.
As per the listing, Suraj Theatre has Rs1.12 crore dues, Haryana Tourism Division’s Purple Bishop Resort Rs75.32 lakh, Gymkhana Membership, Sector 3, Rs62.40 lakh, Haryana Authorities Press Rs32.22 lakh, a authorities workplace close to the courtroom complicated (unspecified) Rs24.88 lakh and the Mini-Secretariat Rs17.71 lakh.
“If the house owners fail to clear the dues, their properties shall be sealed,” Goyal warned, including that notices had already been issued to the defaulters. In response to him, the civic physique expects property tax assortment of Rs25 crore to Rs30 crore yearly, however it solely receives between Rs7 crore to Rs10 crore.
“Final yr, Rs11.50 crore was deposited into civic physique accounts as property tax. This yr, we now have set a goal of Rs25 crore,” he mentioned.
- Shalimar Mall (largest defaulter) – in crores however revaluation underway
- Suraj Theatre – Rs1.12 crore
- Purple Bishop – Rs75.32 lakh
- Gymkhana Membership, Sector 3 – Rs62.40 lakh
- Govt Press, Haryana – Rs32.22 lakh
- Jainendra College – Rs27.72 lakh
- Union Financial institution of India (unspecified department) – Rs25.64 lakh
- Govt workplace, close to courtroom complicated (unspecified) – Rs24.88 lakh
- Hospital, Sector 11 (unspecified) – Rs22.59 lakh
- PNB, Bhainsa Tibba – Rs21.62 lakh
- Day Care Centre, Sector 15 – Rs20.33 lakh
- Confed – Rs18.03 lakh
- Mini-Secretariat – Rs17.71 lakh
- BSNL Sanchar Bhawan – Rs16.61 lakh
- Girls Welfare Centre – Rs14.78 lakh