WASHINGTON, D.C. – U.S. Senator Shelley Moore Capito (R-W.Va.), a member of the Senate Committee on Commerce, launched the under assertion right now applauding passage of the Floor Transportation Funding Act (STIA), which handed by a vote of 25-3.
“As soon as once more, the Senate demonstrated that we will enhance America’s infrastructure in a bipartisan method. I recognize Chairwoman Cantwell and Rating Member Wicker, in addition to each their staffs, for his or her diligent work in advancing this important laws that will make important investments within the broader floor transportation system by offering $78 billion over 5 years for multimodal floor transportation, rail, freight, and security applications.
“As Rating Member of the Surroundings and Public Works Committee and having lately handed laws unanimously to spend money on our roads, bridges, and highways, it’s nice to see momentum persevering with on this important concern.
“The laws handed right now would enhance funding ranges for the security applications which might be in step with the elevated funding ranges that our floor transportation laws within the EPW Committee offered for roads and bridges. Lastly, I wish to thank the committee for working with me to incorporate language that will enhance investments to handle substance-impaired driving, drunk driving, and progressive transportation applied sciences.”
CAPITO-SUPPORTED PROVISIONS INCLUDED:
- Language included from the A number of Substance Impaired Driving Prevention Act, which might enhance nationwide funding to handle a number of substance impaired driving by permitting states to spend Part 405 incentive grant funds on applications and applied sciences to higher determine, monitor, or deal with impaired drivers.
- The Lowered Impaired Driving for Everybody (RIDE) Act, which is laws that Senator Capito co-sponsored to forestall drunk driving.
- Codification of the Non-Conventional and Rising Transportation Expertise (NETT) Council and the promulgation of security laws for high-speed rail.
- Safety of Amtrak’s long-distance routes, together with these in West Virginia.
- Enlargement of the CRISI Program to incorporate progressive rail tasks.
- Language included from the Haulers of Agriculture and Livestock Security (HAULS) Act, which Senator Capito co-sponsored that will goal reforms to agriculture and livestock haulers’ truck hours of service exemptions. Moreover, the inclusion of this modification would preserve security, whereas making certain these teams can transfer their stay and/or perishable items.
- Language included from the Growing Accountable People for a Vibrant Economic system (DRIVE-Protected) Act, laws Senator Capito co-sponsored that will deal with the nation’s rising truck driver scarcity by offering job alternatives to younger truckers and improve security coaching. The language would enable West Virginians the chance to pursue a profession and attend and apprenticeship program to offer them with rigorous coaching.
In Might, the EPW Committee unanimously handed the Floor Transportation Reauthorization Act of 2021, which units a brand new baseline funding stage at a historic excessive of $303.5 billion for U.S. Division of Transportation (DOT) applications for highways, roads, and bridges.
# # #